Hold Curser Over Button For Contents
[ Products ] [ Services ] [ Hours&Location ] [ Contact Us ] [ Search ] [ Links ]
Safety Harness and Roll Bar Padding
FIA Safety Harness
** Willans Harnesses have become available again for
2020, Inquire **
We have found the following to fit right in with our needs for the single seat
TRS Pro Superlite
6-point Single Seater HANS Use Only
- Built in the UK
- Suitable for Single Seater and GT Cars with appropriate mountings
- Six strap body harness with six attachment points using 8.8mm
diameter bolt fixings for all mountings
- Shoulder straps are 3" / 2" wide for HANS use only,
standard length of 15".
Lap straps are 2" wide webbing. Crutch straps are 2" wide with 1"
loop one end to be passed through the "D"
rings on the lap straps before passing through the shoulder strap down
through the loop prior to connecting into the release mechanism.
- All straps fully adjustable. 3"/2" shoulder straps use 3" adjuster.
2" lap straps and 2" crutch
straps use double steel attachment lugs to give pinch plate adjustment for
control of straps.
- Crutch straps are designed to stop driver submarining through the harness in
high "g" decelerations.
- Alloy Adjusters
- TRS lightweight 140 gram quick-release buckle of composite construction, multi-point, quick-release is used for
central fastening. Shoulder and lap straps connect individually to the
release mechanism, except the right-hand lap strap which is fixed.
- Can be supplied with shoulder upper looped and sewn
- Standard colors, Black, Blue, Red
- Silver, yellow, green and orange are manufactured to order.
- Custom built combinations available
- HANS friendly
Harness approved to FIA standard 8853/98
Inquire for TRS harnesses for other classes.
SCCA, NASCAR, NASA and many other sanctioning originations, require/recommend
SFI certified roll bar padding on roll cage members in close proximity to the
occupant's helmet or body.
Split foam "pipe insulation" that has been used for years, is discouraged
because of it's ability to support fire, give off fumes when burning and it's
low energy absorption.
SFI test results to qualify for 45.1, require that,
1. Impact Attenuation. The peak acceleration shall not exceed 200 times
the force of gravity (g) for any first impact. Second and third impacts shall
not exceed 225g's. The Severity index value shall not exceed 1250 for any
2. Flammability. The after-flame time shall be ten seconds or less.
Additionally, no melting or dripping may occur.
45.1 Specification, molded, Roll Bar Padding.
- Self-adhesive backing
- The padding is self extinguishing
- Will not melt or drip in a fire
- Will not give off noxious fumes
- Standard Color Black
- 3 foot length
Bar size 1" (7/8" to 1-1/8" bar), 3/4" thick. part# 1213
*Bar size 1-1/2" (1-1/4" to 1-5/8" bar), 3/4" thick. part# 9U2408
Bar size 1-3/4" (1-5/8" to 2" bar), 1" thick, part# 9U0829
Notes for installing: To form or shape to a roll bar, warm
padding with a heat gun prior to and during bending. When using wire ties, don't over tighten, as they can cut into the padding
Safety Decal part #9Z2933
As shown on white background
Actual size of each decal